LASER OPERATOR POSITION SUMMARY:
Setup and safely operate CNC Sheet and Fiber lasers to process/produce highest quality products.
• Setup and document safe laser machinery operations.
• Knowledge of lens cleaning, adjusting focus to obtain clean cuts will be required.
• Understanding start up and shut down procedure for laser machinery required. • Verify accuracy of machine settings to confirm accurate tolerances and machine functions.
• Operators will be required to maintain accurate parts and motivation on routine repetitive jobs.
• During operations Operator will be required to maintain cleanliness of the machine.
• In process checks will be required by the operator to maintain all required tolerances and quality.
• Completes all required safety procedures prior to and during operations. • Communicates all production related items to next shift operators or shift supervisors.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Responsible for operation, proving programs, operating controls, setting all machine functions, deburring, and inspection of parts to assure conformance will be required.
• Must be able to work from drawings and sketches, read and understand manuals/specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished products, sequence of operations and set up requirements.
• Skilled in organizing work area before and after parts are processed, stacking completed parts properly on blocks or pallet to eliminate double handling and work efficiently.
• Detects equipment malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjusts machine within capabilities. Reports all machine malfunctions to Management.
• Locate and move raw material with pallet jack or forklift
• Understands machine set up including program retrieval, correct nozzles, correct gases as well as lenses.
• Communicates with management, production control, quality, and other shop personnel for assignments and to resolve machining or quality issues.
• May perform other duties as assigned by management.
Work hours are:
1st: 6:00 am- 2:30 pm with the opportunity for over time when the workload permits.
3rd: 10:00 pm-6:00 am with the opportunity for over time when the workload permits.
Must pass a pre-employment drug test
Competitive pay depending on experience. Excellent benefits including medical, vision, life insurance, vacation, holidays, and 401K.
Standard Industrial is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOO)
It is the policy of Standard Industrial not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Standard Industrial will take affirmative action to ensure that the EEO Policy is implemented, with particular regard to: advertising, application procedures, compensation, demotion, employment, fringe benefits, job assignment, job classification, layoff, leave, promotion, recruitment, rehire, social activities, training, termination, transfer, upgrade, and working conditions.
Standard Industrial will continue to make it understood by the employment entities with which it deals, and in employment opportunity announcements that the foregoing is company policy and all employment decisions are based on individual merit only. All current employees of Standard Industrial are requested to encourage qualified disabled persons, minorities, special disabled veterans, and Vietnam Era veterans to apply for employment, on the job training or for union accommodations for qualified disabled individuals.
It is the policy of Standard Industrial to ensure and maintain a working environment free of coercion, harassment, and intimidation at all job sites, and in all facilities at which employees are assigned to work. Any violation of the policy should be immediately reported to your supervisor or the company EEO Officer.